Probably.
I downloaded the new "advergame" on XBLA Dash of Destruction, brought to us by the people at Doritos. DoD was part of a contest Doritos held last year in which the winner would be made into a real game and avaliable free of charge. This is the second "advergame" to be released on XBLA, the first being the tremendously awful Yaris from Toyota.
Now as with Yaris, DoD has the standard 200 gamerscore points that XBLA requires. However, unlike Yaris which took hours and hours away from your life just to get its achievements, DoD gives you all them in under a half hour. I've spent hours and hours getting a pittance of points from other games and here is freaking DoD handing them out for free practically.
I have nothing against the game. DoD is pretty fun and much better than Yaris. My only problems with it is that it may be setting the precendent for free "advergames" offering simple achievement points just to get people to play them. Also, it's not like Doritos isn't aware of how easy they are to get. The game is littered with references to gamerscore and how easy they are to get from the game. It was like I was being insulted every time I saw them mention it.
No comments:
Post a Comment