Marvel has released the teaser trailer for Thor, which is set to hit theaters in May 2011. I must say I'm digging what I see. It appears the 6 credited writers and directer Kenneth Branagh have been faithful to the material. No easy task considering they have to fold the film into the "Avengers movie series". I am especially curious to see more of Anthony Hopkins as Odin.
I am deeply bothered by the phrase "2D in select theaters". Now generally speaking, I'm not a fan of 3D films. But I accept that they are norm these days. That said, have we really reached a point where 2D takes a backseat to 3D? Why on earth does a movie like Thor get a wider release in 3D then 2D. I can understand a film like Avatar, a project that was made to be 3D. But as far as Thor goes, I honestly can't understand why 3D takes precedent over 2D.
No comments:
Post a Comment