Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Candy Review: Marvel Candy Sticks


I'm aware that it has been a while since there was a new post. We've both been busy and been unable to find anything to rant about/review. Luckily, however, there were some Marvel Candy Sticks sitting in my drawer that I purchased months ago and I figured what the hell, talk about those. If you're interested in candy that's shaped like chalk and tastes like marshmallows follow the break.



I was in a candy store a few months ago buying a bag of jelly beans when I saw these near the checkout. Since I love The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and the Hulk it was hard to keep me away from them, especially with the promise of glow in the dark tattoos and collectible cards included. When I opened the first box and tasted the candy I realized I had made a horrible decision.

The candy itself are these long pieces of what look like sticks of chalk. They're hard, dry,white, and have all the properties chalk has. Because it has been a few months since I had one of these, prior to writing this review, I had another so that I could give you, the reader, the satisfaction of a solid opinion. When it first enters your mouth you'll be surprised to know that they taste almost exactly like marshmallows. About 10 seconds it beings to coat your mouth with a layer of sugar that will leave your mouth tasting terrible for several hours despite drinking beverages or brushing your teeth. It takes a few minutes to dissolve the thing fully, but by this time you're ready to just spit it out.

So the candy is bad, you've still got those rad tattoos and cards right? Wrong. Now, am I expecting too much when I buy a box that has The Fantastic Four on it to get a temporary tattoo of The Fantastic Four inside. Apparently. The sticker that was inside is one of Spider-Man on a web, and the cut-out card on the back of the box features Spider-Man and Venom. Why even both buying a candy with The Fantastic Four on it if they're just going to give you Spider-Man things with it. The Spider-Man box I bought had a Spider-Man tattoo in it (which I put on my arm) and a Hulk card, whereas the Hulk box had a Spider-Man tattoo inside and a Spider-Man card. So the lesson to be learned here is, you're not going to get what you want... ever.

The real slap in the face is the fact that the "Glow in the Dark Tattoos" don't freaking "Glow in the Dark". I stood in complete darkness after blasting the damn thing with light and saw nothing. I have never felt more cheated and lied to in my entire life. How else am I going to show my Spider-Man pride in complete darkness?

Bottom line, don't buy this candy. There is no redeeming quality with it. It tastes awful, and leaves your mouth tasting like you just woke up. Then there's also the anguish of not getting a Fantastic Four tattoo (and I really wanted a Fantastic Four tattoo). Instead of buying crappy candy with Marvel characters on it why don't you go buy some Marvel comics and support your local comic book shop.

9 comments:

  1. gemma mother of brandon aged 3yrsAugust 15, 2008 at 6:41 AM

    can you tell me where i can contact the manufacturers of candy stick with the spider-man action scene tattoo as we have been an bought 20pack in total as my little boy is mad about spider man and only want them for the tattoos but the tattoo's inside are not transfering onto him we have followe the application directions as followed but dont seem to stick and if we do get them to stick as soon as you touch it once dried it just comes off on contact and my 3yr old boy as spent hours crying over the fact of them not sticking but is still determind to spend his money on them and is then disappointed by the yet gain same result and has asked me to tell the company of an to fix them his words not mine so as a careing mother i have done so , please help to stop anymore tears and disappointment thank you. kind regards mother gemma and son brandon .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please can you get bat man candy sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ gemma mother of brandon aged 3yrs

    Yea, I just bought them to eat. I really have no idea who makes them.

    @ AMBER AND APRIL

    I'm pretty sure I'll never buy candy sticks again, even if there are porn stars on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why can't you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i have no clue hoo the maker of candy sticks are but tell brandon im whitney he doesnt no me but i am a kid hoo is happy with candy sticks and that how he can keep a kiddy tatoo is first take the clear plastic off the tatoo then put it on your skin before using water on it and make sure it sticks and then give the tatoo a small bit of water on the tatoo and then leave put a damp paper towel on it and pressdown for 30 sec then take the tatoo of slowly and carefully thank me if it works

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love candy sticks maybe if u eat them slow u will have a better exsperence and im an expert on candy because im a kid and kids eat lots of candy and i hate wen people have a bad expereance

    ReplyDelete
  7. im bored if u know of any thing to do tell me

    ReplyDelete
  8. PLEASE I NEED TO GET THESE, NOT FOR THE TASTE THEY JUST NEED TO LOOK LIKE CHALK WHERE EVER DID YOU FIND THEM

    ReplyDelete
  9. they taste so much better to me when you burn them, and they taste like marshmallows even more minus the aftertaste. they fail if you don't scorch them!

    ReplyDelete