Monday, January 25, 2010
Weird Al to Direct New Movie for Cartoon Network
Renowned parody artist "Weird Al" Yankovick announced via Twitter and his blog earlier today that he is going to direct a new live-action movie for Cartoon Network that isn't a sequel to UHF. So far he has said little about it other than the fact that he has written it himself, and will feature a young, high-school aged protagonist. Shooting will most likely begin later this year, so we shouldn't expect it until 2011 at the soonest.
I'm excited about this new project as I've been a lifelong fan of Mr. Yankovick and his work. While I'm a little upset that the show isn't going to be about him I have faith that whatever he does will be a laugh riot. Hopefully he turns a critical eye towards the tween, high-school drama of today and delivers the same satire we've all come to love from him over the years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment