Monday, March 1, 2010

PS3 Owners Speak Out About The Bug

The Playstation community is furious due to the bug that is wreaking havoc on PS3 consoles.  The bug effects only older (non-slim) PS3 consoles.  Further info on the bug can be found on the official Playstation blog.

Sony has promised to resolve the issue within the next 24 hours.  But that promise hasn't stopped PS3 owners from speaking out.  What better place to vent then on the official Playstation blog.  Let us look at some of the comments:



That's a nice sentiment.  I concur that a freebie may help mend fences with jaded gamers.

This comment has a more threatening tone to it.  Though in my opinion such anger is warranted.  I can tell you from first hand experience, losing save data sucks.  It sucks hard.  I would never wish it upon anybody.  That's the reason why I periodically back up my PS3 game data.  You can never be to safe when it comes to data storage.

This comment is especially venomous.  Thought again, I'm hard pressed to disagree.  To Sony's credit, I'm sure they're amassing as much man power as posisble to fix the issue.  What makes me curious who is going to shoulder the blame once things cool down.  With a fisaco like this, somebody has to be at fault.  Best case sceanrio that unlucky someone gets a stern talking too.  More likely they will lose their job.  This whole incident could very well just be a computer glitch.  But in such cases somebody has to suffer public punishment.

The comments above are just a small sample of PS3 owners exercising their right to free speech.  If you want to check out more comments, then head over here.

1 comment: