When it comes to movie licensed games most take the obvious route. An action movie becomes a first person shooter. A driving movie becomes a driving game. But Austin Powers: Welcome To My Underground Lair takes a unique approach.It is a Gameboy Color game designed to emulate a PC. You turn it on and are greeted with a desktop interface. Clicking icons will take you to various mini-games and applications.
What Kills The Game
It's novelty wears off quick. The quirky, faux computer angle is neat for a short time but will drive many people away. That's assuming of course you're not repelled immediately by the game's premise. This is a novelty title, one who's audience is extremely niche.
Why I Love It
I've probably spend more time playing this game then anybody else in the world. I enjoyed exploring all the features. I played the mini-games over and over again. I found the secrets in hidden in the dos section. I even composed a short story on the crude word processing interface. There is quite a bit of depth to the game. If you dig exploring applications then this game may be worth your time.
No comments:
Post a Comment