Saturday, September 25, 2010
Katy Perry Sesame Street Controversy Shows Parental Stupidity
So parents are up in arms about Katy Perry's appearance on Sesame Street. The source of controversy is the "revealing" outfit she was wearing. I must say that I don't really care much about Katy Perry. Nor do I really care that much about Sesame Street. What I do care about is stupid fucking parents. Any parent who objects to the segment is a moron. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I get that. And I myself am not a parent so I can't put myself in their shoes. But what I can do is ask a simple question. What is the message that I'm supposed to take away from these over reacting parents? Do they want to believe that breasts are damaging to the mind of a preschooler?
I guess that makes sense. After all, most babies have NEVER been exposed to breasts. I've certainly never heard of a thing called breast feeding. No wait I get it. I see it now. What the parents are asking for is quite reasonable. They just want all adult female characters in preschooler schools to be titless. We have to cast flat chested woman. Or better still let's just slice the boobs right off of them. That may sound extreme, but we HAVE to PROTECT the children. I've read statics. I know that 100% of children who see a clothed breast will go commit crimes.
All joking aside, toddlers are not going to look at the segment in a sexual context. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE FREAKIN TODDLERS! Honestly I feel like a fool for having to state the obvious. If your preschooler is watching Sesame Street and thinking sexual thoughts then it's not the show producers fault, it's the parents fault. Clearly the parents are doing something horrible wrong. Why the hell am I raging so hard against this? Well because this is the kind of bullshit that leads to the nonsensical PC garbage that comprises a large amount of our "entertainment". I am all for protecting America's youth. But in this instance parents are just way off the mark.
Labels:
Despair,
Katy Perry,
Sesame Street
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The real travesty here is the butchering of an awesome song.
ReplyDeleteAlso, did anyone else notice that at one point they're running through an alley filled with dumpsters and boarded up buildings? Shouldn't parents be concerned this is showing kids it's ok to play in alleys? Oh, I guess they were too concerned with insignificant stuff to notice...