Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hancock Online Game A Waste of Bandwidth

[youtube=http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMmlKhdtcGY]

In an attempt to promote the movie and bring visitors to their site, Sony has put up another Hancock game that can be played online. Don't watch the video above if you've eaten in the past 3 hours, you may throw up.



It really looks like no time was taken at all to make that game. The footage from the trailer looks like it combines the complete crapiness of American McGee's Bad Day L.A. and Superman 64. I can only assume that someone took a pickup down to the Home Depot, and got some day laborers to put this game together. Probably the same people who made the games I mentioned, because they are obviously sitting in a gutter somewhere right now.

As if the game itself wasn't bad enough, the music in that trailer is absolutely frightening. It's a haunting melody that can only be a recording of Hell's orchestra.  I'm afraid to play the actual game, because that may turn out to be the background music.

The real question is what's worse, the movie itself or the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment