Sunday, May 4, 2008

The kick ass Batman Forever video game trailer song







In 1995 Batman Forever hit movie screens around the world. About the same time a video game adaptation of the film was released. To promote the game a trailer was developed. There a lot of neat nuances that make the trailer memorable, the greatest nuisance being the kick-ass song it uses.



Like most trailers this video is brief, clocking in at 30 seconds. However while brief it is extremely intense and very driving. Perpetuating that driving nature is a song that can best be described as “bad-ass”. Upon first hearing the song I instantly feel in love with in. I’m so much in love with it that searched high and low to see if there was ever a longer version made. But sadly I found no longer variant leading me to the conclusion that the song was made exclusively for the trailer.

The song sets a unique mood and that mood is embellished upon by the video footage. Interspaced in between game footage is a mini story. We see a criminal dressed in prison clothes running through the streets. We can conclude from his clothing that he is a recently escaped convict. He runs through the streets until he reaches a building and to his horror sees Batman and Robin standing atop the building. In the final moments of the trailer we see Batman and Robin decent onto the doomed criminal as the screen fades into the familiar bat logo.

If nothing else, the trailer is a nice piece of nostalgia and in my opinion it contains one of the greatest songs to ever come out of video game marketing.

2 comments:

  1. The video -- I've thought that video was awesoem ever since I first saw it when I was about 7 years old - when I got the Batman Forever video. Though, what is the song featured in the video? I agree, it is a kick-ass song and I'd really love to be able to find it - if of course, it is a named song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly the song was only made for the trailer. No longer version exists and I have been unable to find out the band behind it, despite searching quite a bit.

    As far as I know the song is unnamed, most likely because it was never to see release outside of the trailer.

    ReplyDelete