Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 have been on Xbox Live Arcade for quite some time now. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I'm growing a little tired just playing the first two over and over. I'm really itching to play Sonic the Hedgehog 3 again and I'm too lazy to get out my Genesis to do so.
Apparently some time in 2007 Sega mentioned that it was going to bring Sonic the Hedgehog 3 to XBLA but since then nothing has been said. The first two can't have done too poorly on XBLA, so I see no reason why they cannot keep the series going other than perhaps Sega has the rights to Sonic 3 tied up with some other party.
This is a shame because I would really enjoy being able to play Sonic 3 on my 360. I enjoy not having to deal with disks and just be able to start up a game from my seat. I also enjoy being able to get achievements playing a game I enjoy greatly, rather than one I don't... yea, that's you Yaris. It would be great if Sega was able to come back and at least continue the series up until Sonic and Knuckles, the last game of Sonic's Golden Age.
TRUE!! This is definitely my most wanted XBLA Title please SEGA Bring us this game!!!
ReplyDelete