It’s nice to save money whenever possible. I know that for me at least, it’s the little expenses like tax and shipping that are the most annoying. So any time I can shave small expenses I’m a happy camper.
With the wonder that is the Internet it is easy to shop around from the comfort of you own home. Don’t like the price at certain site? With just a couple clicks and you can see what another site has to offer. In the constant quest to get the best deal I can online I have taken to buying at Amazon.com whenever possible. Why? Because of Free Super Saver Shipping
Free Super Saver Shipping is a shipping option given to Amazon orders over $25. If chosen, you pay nothing for the shipping of the item(s). The minor catch is that the package may take a few extra days to arrive. But I know many, including myself, are fine with waiting another few days if it means not having to pay for shipping. What makes the Free Super Saver Shipping even better is the fact Amazon does not charge for tax. So in reality you end up paying just for the items themselves with none of your money being wasting on shipping, handling, or tax.
Free Super Saver Shipping can really come in handy with big orders. A good example of this would video game consoles. I bought my PS3 off of Amazon. The 40GB model that I bought cost $399.99. If I were to buy the system in a store I would have had to pay quite a bit in tax. But with the beauty of Amazon.com I got the system for exactly $399.99, I didn’t have to pay a penny more.
In the time since I first learned of super saver free shipping I have seen many other sites adapt a similar policy. And why not? It is truly a piece of marketing genius. It works on the premise that people will by more items in the same order just to achieve the free shipping. I can admit that I find myself doing just that on a constant basis. Every time I go to Amazon to buy a $15 DVD, I will likely buy another $10 item just to get to that $25. There is something endless satisfying about getting the items you want without having to pay those nasty extra fees.
My phrasing in the final paragraph of this post was rather unclear so for the sake of clarity I state now that I did not mean to imply I spend that extra $10 on random "crap". What I do is spend that money on is another items I wish to get. You are certainly correct when you say shipping costs less then $10, standard shipping runs in at a mere $2.89. However my feeling is that I would rather put that $2.89 directly towards another item I want rather then pouring it into shipping.
ReplyDelete