Sunday, August 3, 2008
Fans of the Spider-Man film franchise were surprised to hear producer Laura Ziskin announce a fourth film was planned for May 2011, especially since director Sam Raimi hasn't confirmed his involvement in the film (and neither has Tobey Maguire or Kirsten Dunst), and there hasn't been a confirmed script. Well, looks as if there may be a treatment written by James Vanderbilt, spanning two films.
Cinematical broke this little bit here, but if you don't want to follow the link, I can elaborate, and besides, I'm about to provide my personal touch.
Apparently, Vanderbilt, of Zodiac fame, has written a story arc encompassing two films. Sony is trying to negotiate a deal where they can get the arc and shoot it back-to-back.
No word on what exactly is in Vanderbilt's arc, but my guess, like everyone elses, is Lizard and Carnage. I've heard rumors Black Cat may be in the next one, which would bother me somewhat after what they did with Gwen Stacey in the last film. Didn't Pete learn his lesson about infidelity after macking it with her?
If she is in it, however, my guess would be that Black Cat would try to steal the symbiote from Conner's lab, a la The Spectacular Spider-Man animated series. Connors better turn into the lizard soon, considering they've been hinting at it for forever. And, as for Carnage, who cares as long as he's an actual serial killer, and they don't fudge him like they did Venom.
Now, I can hear some of you saying "Waitaminute, if Raimi isn't writing this, is he really going to want to be involved?" You know, I don't think Raimi wants to even if he is writing the script. He really screwed the pooch after Spider-Man 2, and he's been sitting on his thumbs since.
"Tobey and Kirsten don't want to do movies without him" you say, Captain Obvious? Recast, for the love of God. Tobey Maguire couldn't act his way out of a paper bag. His portrayal of Peter Parker has been a wooden stump, and Kirsten Dunst has provided little but eye candy, and, let's face it, has completely missed everything about the character that makes her awesome. It's time for a new beginning in the Spider-Man film franchise. I'm actually excited for once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment