Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Interesting Article Compares Burton's Batman To Classic Horror Icons



I happened upon this very intriguing article put together by ZuperZero over at Batman Movie Online. The article discusses the varies parallels that can be drawn between Tim Burton's two Batman films and classic Universal horror films.



Now as a huge fan of Burton's Batman films I have always noted the connection they share with classic horror films. However it wasn't until reading this article that I really got a sense of just how many parallels there are. ZuperZero really did his homework with this one. Once I started reading this article I found it hard to stop because each paragraph is filled with genuinely captivating insight.

I was particularly blow away by note about how Tim Burton's almost involvement with a Superman movie project parallels James Whales almost involvement in a Dracula movie. It’s fascinates me whenever the parallels in art spill out into the lives of the actual artists.

If you are like me and have an intense love for Tim Burton’s Batman movies, then this article is quite simply a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment