A few months ago I started to watch "Sisters of Wellber" and found it to be most enjoyable. The animation is good, the characters are interesting, it has a good amount of fan service (aka Tina never wears a whole shirt, see picture), and I've been needing a show that has a quest driven storyline rather than "slice of life" comedies. So after watching ten episodes I found out that the only fansub group responsible for translating it, Starlight, had postponed any new episodes since November 2007. Right at a cliffhanger moment in the show! And to make it worse, the second season has started airing in Japan and the first season has yet to be finished!
Will Greg be left hanging? Will Starlight continue subbing it? Will Tina buy a top? Find out after the break!
Well long story short recently Starlight Fansubs has picked up where they left off and so far episodes 11 and 12 of the first season have come out. Through my journalistic investigations (going to their website), it seems that they will continue on to the second season as soon as they are done with the first. Despite liking it a lot, I found it hard to introduce people to it while it was on hiatus, because no one likes to get attached to something just to have it pulled out from under them. Well now I can. Watch it.
Since I'm sort of obligated to talk about something bad I'll talk about Dragonaut now. Dragonaut: The Resonance is a show about Dragons that come from an asteroid that destroyed Pluto, and the Dragonauts are a group of humans with man made dragons which are meant to protect the earth from this asteroid which is stuck in Pluto's orbit and supposedly and evil asteroid. I feel like an idiot for even relating that storyline. The worst part is that most of the show isn't even about that. Most of it is spent having Jin, the guy in the picture, chasing Toa, the girl, around all over the place because he loves her, but she keeps turning him down because they aren't meant to be together. Did I mention that she's a dragon? Yea...
What may be the worst part about this show is the gratuitous amounts of CG that are used with the dragons. It's like I'm watching freaking Zoids. The dragon fights are completely boring and look cheaply made. Way to go Studio Gonzo! The only reason I'm still watching this junk is because I've gone to far to quit which I assume is the only reason people watch this.
Now, this next part should be something great but it's really not. Most of the female characters in this show have jugs that defy anatomy. This is why the show has earned the name "Boobonaut" among some groups. Some of them have passed the point where it isn't attractive to have knockers that big and is just downright disturbing. One character in particular, who happens to be a dragon, has a v-cut dress that can barely hold her boobs together yet even in fight scenes they stay in there.
So, in closing, watch Sisters of Wellber, but DON'T watch Dragonaut.
Yeah, between "Dragonauts" and "Rosario + Vampire", GONZO is just sucking butt big time this season. Seems like they, GONZO, took up some smaller shows to earn a little beer money. I swear they threw their interns on these two shows because the animation is butch.
ReplyDelete=^.^=