There's not much to be excited about on television lately, and there's a hell of a lot for us to be angry about - and Pierre Bernard, graphics designer and comedian on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, knew and understood that.
So why hasn't his Recliner of Rage been on television since September 5th?
No, seriously, I don't know the answer, why hasn't it?
I mean, I need to know what I need to be angry about, damnit!
Pierre Bernard is a personal inspiration of mine, and his lobbying for various nerd causes has certainly inspired me when I've had to sit down and punch out one of these blog posts. Pierre Bernard is not just funny because he's somehow talking passionately and apathetically simultaneously, or he has a hard time reading the cue cards and adjusting that beautiful recliner of his - Pierre Bernard speaks passionately about issues that affect me, and if you're reading this, it probably affects you too.
Since his last recliner of rage bit, Pierre Bernard starred in a bit entitled "Pierre Bernard: Serial Killer," which was mildly funny, as well as a commercial for the Garnett, Texas Sheraton Inn, for which he stated he was paid "in food." He has appeared as a San Fransisco enthusiast whose calves have grown exponentially from walking the city's hilly streets, and as "Gay Haitian Lee," a pun on the Playstation 3.
All very funny, but I want my Recliner of Rage! Pierre Bernard has taught us what it's like to be a nerd, and lobby effectively for things that we want as a demographic that is overlooked far too often.
Bottom line, America - Pierre Bernard needs to get that recliner back on television as soon as possible. There's plenty to be mad about, and Pierre Bernard is one of the only people on a major network with the balls to tell it like it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment