Wednesday, July 23, 2008



October looks like it will be a pretty good month comic-wise this year from Marvel based on their preview list... at least for me.



Seems that a bunch of Secret Invasion books are coming out in October.  Besides issue #7 of the main book, tie-ins with the Inhumans, Spider-Man, Thor, X-Men, and Front Line are all coming out that month.  I'm really only interested in the main storyline and the Thor crossover, even though issue #1 of Secret Invasion: Thor has yet to be released.  Who knows, maybe if it sucks hard I won't even bother getting #2 or #3 so by the time October comes around I won't be interested in it.

Good to hear that an issue of New Avengers is coming out that month since I subscribe to it.  I hope it comes out during a week nothing else I want comes out so I can save a trip to the comic shop.  I just hope that it doesn't arrive smashed up like so many other comics I've gotten in the mail.

Deadpool has FINALLY dropped the dead weight that is Cable and is back to having his own book.  Cool how both issues #1 and #2 are coming out in September so by the time October comes around it's already on issue #3.  I'm looking very forward to the Merc with a Mouth's new series.

The new Marvel Zombies series sounds incredibly bad ass.  I was a little disappointed, actually very disappointed with Marvel Zombies 2, but Marvel Zombies 3 sounds like it's really going to shine.  The zombies from the MU universe are coming to Earth-616 and I could not be more excited for issue #1 in October.

Issue #2 of The Stand: Captain Trips is coming out in October, issue #1 coming out in September.  The series of course is based on the popular Steven King novel The Stand.  I'm interested to pick it up and see how it is.  I hope instead of being a direct adaptation it is a story from someone else's perspective.

Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale are returning to their color series in October with Captain America: White #1.  Being a big fan of their work, especially Loeb, I'm anxious to pick this up.  I'm pretty pissed that a Director's Cut of issue #0 is coming out as well since I already bought the regular version and don't want to buy it again.  Oh well.

So with great titles such as Deadpool, Marvel Zombies 3, Captain America: White, and others coming out in October I think it is safe to say that it's going to be a pretty freaking awesome month.

No comments:

Post a Comment