So after several months of not watching an entire episode of WWE programming, I finally got around to watching a Raw from start to finish.
While my lengthy absence left me extremely out of the loop storyline wise, I still found it to be a pleasant experience. It felt sort of like a homecoming, the minute the show opened I realized just how much I missed wrestling.
As is often the case, Raw opened with an in ring talking segment that set the main event for later that night. It would seem I wasn't away long enough for to many new faces to make their way in. I recognized everybody that appeared on the show.
It's nice to see CM Punk as world champ. He's come quite a long from being a mid-carder on ECW to the main man on Raw.
The main event was nice and action filled. My favorite spot of the match would be the double big boot shared between JBL and Kane. The finish was satisfying, with Batista using a spear to get the win on Kane.
As great as the main event was, the highlight of the show for me was the Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho segment. Lots of well played intensity floating between the two.
Kane's mental breakdown was an interesting way to end the show. Seeing The King come to Cole's aid brought a smile to my face. I guess I picked a good night to start watching again because now I find myself very curious about who the "he" Kane kept referring to is.
No comments:
Post a Comment